Wednesday, August 10, 2005

EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE - TEACHERS NEED IT

With high EQ you don't have to take it if you don't want it!


Making the email list circuit is a cute joke, but of course when I read it, I had on my EQ cap. Teaching is one of the professions that requires high EQ. Teens are testing, and always trying to get away with something. The naive teacher will be cannon fodder.

I remember when I took Statistics in college for my master's degree, on the day of the final, the professor reminded us we didn't have to memorize the formulas, he had them on his desk on sheets of paper, we just needed to come ask for the one we wanted. Then he added, "And I mean ask for the one you want. The first year I taught this course, I wasn't so smart. I let the students come up and say 'Give me the formula for question no. 6' I'm not falling for that one again!"

Enjoy!

THE CHEMISTRY FINAL

Two guys were taking chemistry at the University of Alabama. They were so confident going into the final exam that two days before, they decided to go up to the University of Tennessee and party with some friends.They had a great time. However they got back late and missed the final.

They pleaded with the professor to allow them to make up the test. They told him they went to Tennessee to party with a few friends and on their way home they had a flat tire. They informed the professor that they waited for hours for someone to pick them up, etc. etc.

Finally, they convinced the professor to allow them to take a make-up test.

A couple of days later they were sitting in different rooms ready to take the test. They looked at the first question, which was worth five points. It seemed simple enough, and both thought this was going to be easy.

Then they turned the page, and Question #2 said: "Which tire?" (95 Points).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[emotionalintelligence]